"10 Differences Between A Fringe NBA Player And A Legit NBA Player"
In the past month, we have seen numerous players gain or lose a roster spot because of the February 9th NBA trade deadline.
Over the past 4 years of training private NBA clients, running a pre-draft program, and working with several NBA teams, the reasons a player does or doesn’t make it continues to become more clear.
Here are 10 differences between a fringe NBA player and a legit NBA roster player:
1. Size & Athleticism
2. Ability to Guard Their Man
3. Ability to Make a Shot
4. Understands & Executes Concepts/Coverages
5. Knows How to Play Around Star Players
6. Consistent in Mood and Maturity Levels Each Day
7. Professional Habits – Shows Up Prepared and On Time
8. Professional Habits – Communicates Like an Adult
9. Willing to Change Body in Weight Room
10. Fights Fatigue and Stays in Great Condition Year Round
- Phil Beckner